Translate

Thursday 7 January 2016

Sweet Swingers

I've been watching the South African Open, one of golf's oldest events.  That small country has produced some wonderful players, and some sweet swingers.

Of course, there is Ernie Els, the Big Easy, who, for a big man, looks about as graceful as anyone with a club in his hands.  Then there is Retief Goosen.  The Goose has always been one of my favourites--and that swing is about as sweet, and simple, as any I've ever seen.

Then you have Trevor Immelman, who has been pretty much conspicuous by his absence from leaderboards because of injury, but who has a swing to die for.  I like Richard Sterne's swing as well.  Simple, powerful swings for men of smaller stature.  And speaking of men of smaller stature, who has a sweeter swing than Louis Oosthuizen?  King Louis makes it look awfully easy.

And what about Charl Schwarzel?  Not much to go wrong with that action.  I'll tell you, when I watch these South Africans swing, I wonder whether there's something in the water down there.  And then there's Branden Grace and Jaco Van Zyl who are seemingly ready to move up to the next level.  Oh, and don't forget...

No comments:

Post a Comment